2022 Cheyenne Transit Development Plan
Summary of Project
The Cheyenne Metropolitan Planning Organization and the City of Cheyenne’s Transit Program (CTP) are currently underway on an important project called the 2022 Transit Development Plan (TDP).
This plan is focused on how to improve CTP’s transit services within Cheyenne, including fixed route, microtransit, and ADA paratransit services. This analysis will lead to recommendations for program and service design improvements for overall system efficiency and operational effectiveness.
The final plan will reflect community needs and priorities, recognize funding limitations and identify potential new funding sources, emphasize efficient use of available resources, and incorporate new concepts for transit service delivery.
Developing the TDP will include:
- An analysis of existing community conditions and demographics
- Comprehensive public outreach plan with opportunities for input throughout the entire planning process
- Evaluation of existing transit service and ridership
- Inventory of capital equipment/infrastructure
- Transit needs and demand assessment
- Development of service alternatives
- Final recommended service plan with capital and financial plans
Develop a strategic plan for improved transit services to meet the needs of the community.
- Engage the entire community, including underrepresented populations, in a renewed vision for CTP that creates new energy and enthusiasm around public transportation
- Deliver near-term, short-term, and long-term recommendations with an eye towards practical, flexible, and implementable solutions
- Identify what the greatest transportation needs are in the community and how they are distributed, in order to develop ways for CTP to meet them
- Create a service plan that protects current ridership while identifying opportunities to attract new riders and improves the overall efficiency and cost-effectiveness of CTP
- Build upon CTP’s existing successes, including with microtransit service
- Detail infrastructure and capital needs
Public Outreach and Engagement
Community outreach is an integral part of the 2022 CTP TDP planning process!
Upcoming opportunities include:
CTP Onboard Survey
An onboard survey is the best means of engaging existing transit riders in the planning process. The bilingual survey questionnaire will ask riders about their trip origins and destinations, as well their level of satisfaction with existing CTP services. This survey effort will occur in early 2022.
Please join us for our first community open house meeting, where we’ll be discussing ideas for the Cheyenne Transit Program and reshaping the vision for future transit service in Cheyenne.
The meeting will be held Wednesday, January 19th, 2022 from 5 to 6:30 p.m. at the Laramie County Library (2200 Pioneer Ave.), Willow Room.
You are invited to review, comment, ask questions, and stay connected! For the latest project information and to see additional opportunities to provide feedback, check for updates on our website or Facebook page to stay informed.
For questions about this project, contact Cheyenne MPO Director Tom Mason via email or by calling (307) 637-6299.