Converse / Dell Range Intersection Traffic Safety Plan & Converse Avenue 35% Design Plan
Summary of Project
The project is made up of three parts:
- Developing and analyzing alternative designs for the Converse Ave. and Dell Range Blvd. Intersection then recommending a preferred alternative.
- Developing preliminary designs and cost estimates for Converse Ave. between Dell Range Blvd. and Ogden Road.
- The project team will also consider how nearby roadways are affected by congestion and examine bicycle and pedestrian safety.
By the end of the project, we’ll identify ways to improve safety, operations, and the mobility of the roadway and intersection, and have preliminary designs of how to make these changes happen.
Why is this project necessary?
In recent years, development has expanded along Dell Range Blvd. and the areas to the north. This growth has caused a need for improvements on the roadway along with other infrastructure. Safety and congestion are also urgent concerns as the Converse Ave. and Dell Range Blvd. intersection has one of the highest crash rates in the state.
What is being studied?
We are examining transportation of all kinds including, biking, walking, driving, and riding the bus. We are also evaluating storm water, residential, business, and environmental concerns.
What will be completed?
- There will be an extension of Converse Ave. from Dell Range Blvd. to Ogden Road including the Greenway.
- There will be several viable Converse/Dell Range design options that promote intersection improvement.
- There will be a new and more efficient storm water system in place along Converse Ave.
- We are also developing accurate cost estimates to construct all the improvements.
Outcomes of the project
When complete, the plan will set the course for how the City of Cheyenne uses available funds to improve the intersection and roadway. The goal of the plan is two-fold: To improve safety for motorists, bicyclists and pedestrians traveling on and around Converse Ave. and Dell Range Blvd. while also improving the roadway’s drainage infrastructure.